Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Confessions of a Football Addict

Hello, my name is Lindsey and I'm a football addict.


Okay, but seriously, I may or may not have a problem.
But is it a problem if it's not affecting me negatively? 
I just really love football.
I love watching football.
I love talking about football.
I love hearing about football.
I love reading about football.
Fall is the best season because there is football.

And yes, I understand the game. And not just because I want a football player; that ish is so high school.
I love the game regardless of who is playing.
Good football is good football.
Take the Seahawks/Texans game last Sunday. I don't have an attachment to either team so the outcome didn't matter to me. I loved the game while the Texans were making a statement and I really loved the game when the Seahawks made a near impossible comeback to win. It was fun. It was proving why football is the greatest game on earth. 
I almost love the game more when I don't have an attachment to either team, because that enables me to watch the game and enjoy it. 
My first love however is college football. They care more. And they aren't glorified mercenaries. I love the NFL and I love my football Sundays with it but sometimes it lacks the passion that you see in a college football game. 
Bye week is always a struggle for me....I miss watching my boys. A week is too long to wait for football; but TWO WEEKS? That's almost inhuman. Cruel and unusual punishment.
But all is well in the football world. The U comes back home and plays UCLA in the traditional Blackout game. Which is no secret my favorite game of the year. 

Seriously though guys, football is the best sport in the entire word.
Unlike baseball (which is the worst sport. Trust me) it builds anticipation between games. 
Sorry but if you're playing more than one game in a week no one cares. If you can lose 50 games in a row and still be able to make the playoffs; you've lost my interest.
Football often comes down to one game. You lose that one game and you're out, or you win one game and you're in. 
Those two halves on the field matter. Every. Damn. Game matters.
Football is a team effort. A loss or a win can never be pinned to one player (although we try....Cundiff....)
I just can't handle my love for this game sometimes.
Happy Football Season everyone!

Much love and GO UTES!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment