Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Top Things You Need to Know About This World Series

Yeah...you read that title correctly.
I am indeed doing a post about the World Series...I mean hey, why not?
So borrowing some things from MTV's GuyCode (I love that show....just sayin...judge me) I decided to post this little list.

The top things that you need to know about this World Series (as presented to you by a football fan)
  1. Both fan bases suck
    1. Really tho....these two teams have the most obnoxious fan bases in baseball. (Besides the Yankees of course). Cardinals fans claim to be "the best fans in baseball" which automatically makes them the worst. Any fan base that claims to the best in an entire sport just makes it obvious to the rest of us that they aren't. (Guy Code agrees with me, I'm not the only person saying this.) And Red Sox fans are from Boston.....home of Celtics fans and Patriots fans...just let that sink in. Usually it means they have a gigantic chip on their shoulders. 
  2. This is a rematch
    1. Like most other professional sports the MLB loves a rematch. These two teams faced each other in the 2004 World Series. I couldn't tell you who won that...because I don't care. But to be fair I couldn't tell you who won the Super Bowl in 2004. Google it.
  3. Both these teams have broken something they claim are "curses" (silly superstitions)
    1. Red Sox: Curse of the Bambino and the Cardinals: The Curse of the Pujols
  4. You don't need to watch every minute of every game
    1. Seriously. Highlights, ESPN's greatest invention ever. Especially for those of us who struggle to enjoy baseball
  5. Baseball players have really dumb nicknames
    1. i.e., Big Papi......
  6. Nobody expected either team to get here
    1. This just proves that both teams sucked at the beginning of the season
  7. Playoff Beards
    1. Baseball players enjoy growing "Playoff beards" that they won't shave until they either lose or win the whole enchilada. And just proves that not all men can rock the full facial haired look
  8. Sit back and relax
    1. It's gonna be a long time before they crown a 2013 World Series Champ. And there seems to be nothing that the Red Sox love more than making a game feel longer than it actually is. Seriously...highlights
  9. And yes I ripped most of this from a GuyCode article that I found particularly funny
As the avid football fan that I am I can guarantee that I won't be catching any of these games any time soon. I have zero stakes in either of the teams so I will be cheering for whoever is the winner.

Much Love and go winner of the most games in the World Series.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment