Friday, October 18, 2013

A Tree Falls In Rice-Eccles

     Hey guys....remember that one time my favorite boys in red took down Stanford? Remember how we shocked the nation and definitively grabbed their attention for the week? Remember how that was probably one of the best displays of college football I have seen in my short 21 years of life?
     Last weekend was one of the best games I have ever had the pleasure to witness. Although to be honest I thought that my heart was going to stop on that fourth and two...thank heavens for good red zone defense. The kind of play that we saw out of Wilson, the kind of leadership that he was exerting on the field, only made me excited for the next couple of years of Utah football. That boy has some serious potential and even more talent. I'm excited to see what he can do once he matures into this role. We forget that he is still a 19 year old boy {which is easy to do considering he's 6'6'' and 200+ lbs....}
     I promise this post isn't just a play by play of the game last week, there are plenty of professional blogs out there that that is their sole job, no where I was going with this post is to explain that this game is just one more reason why I believe that football is the best sport in the world. Last Saturday we were underdogs. We were more than underdogs. No one believed that we could take down Stanford....newsflash: Stanford is really good at football. But we did it. We did the impossible. We grabbed the nations attention and held it for 60 minutes. A tree fell in Rice Eccles and an entire nation heard it. They were #5 guys. Were.
      Obviously they didn't take us seriously. Unfortunately the worst part of taking down a #5 team is the rest of schedule takes notice. No other team will make the mistake of not preparing for us. We better bring it this week against Arizona. Good luck boys. I and the rest of Utah Nation knows you can do it. Now just show the rest of the nation what we already know, that you are elite.
     And this being my blog I'm gonna share some pictures from that game with those of you bored enough in your day to read this {but really tho...thanks...nice to know someone reads my musings}

Only in the MUSS

Dres's INSANE touchdown! 

Twerk skirts.....it's a thing

27-21 Utes
I repeat: 27-21 UTES

Chaos. Absolute chaos.


We made some Snooki boots. Poms poms....greatest idea ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment