Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Welcome Back....Again

School.
Again.
Hating life.
Just kidding.
But really, I'm excited to be back in school and classes,
really I am.
At least that's what I keep telling myself.
School isn't really all that bad, I just need to get my butt back in gear and get used to working hard again. Which is always a little bit of a rough time after the summer break.

I really do love school, I love the feeling of fall which wouldn't be the same without the back to school feeling. I am super ready for crunching leaves, a crisp in the air, Halloween, boots, scarves, hoodies and of course football. And none of those would feel natural to me without seeing all the students on campus scurrying to classes.

Honestly I really do love the U. Coming here was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my whole life. I love the atmosphere, I love the buildings, and I especially love the football team and the MUSS of course. I told my mom recently that I want to be an orientation leader next year and she gave me a weird look and asked me why and really the only reason that I have is because I want to make incoming freshman as excited about this school as I am.
It's silly I know but it's the truth.

I recently changed my major from psychology to sociology, so figuring out the difference between these two sister studies will be fun. And shifting the focus I'm used to of focusing on the individual to the society will be necessary too.
Wish me luck?

But with the new fall semester comes some of my most favorite things:
-Play "Spot the Freshman"! Which is laughably easy, because they usually have campus maps glued to their hands and they all have a wide eyed look of confusion and sometimes fear. Bless their hearts.
-Stake out a comfy chair in the Marriott and take a quick nap between classes. Seriously though, best chairs ever for nap time. Just be sure you wake up on time for class
-Sit by a new person each class and make a new friend. Best thing about a university is the diversity of the student body. Love it.
-Buy new pens and notebooks and other school supplies. Really, it'll make you more excited for your classes because you get to use new things.
-(Not a favorite thing but needs to be said) PUT ALL YOUR TEST DATES DOWN IN A PLANNER. Trust me. It's bitten me in the butt before.

Good luck my friends in this new fall semester.
GO UTES!

Love always,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment