Thursday, August 2, 2012

Inspire a generation

Much like the rest of the world, my attention is focused on London.
I love the Olympics.
Like REALLY love the Olympics.
I might even love the Olympics more than I love football...
You can pick your jaws up off the floor now, it's ok for me to say that because they only happen every four years {well technically every two years if we are gonna include both winter and summer here}
Everything about them is just so inspiring!
Well almost everything...it's never fun to watch anyone lose, especially at the Olympics.
But you all know what I mean.
The Olympics make it possible to forget about little stressors in your life as your rooting for the USA to kick international butt.
At least that's how I feel about it.
The Olympics have the unique ability to draw everyone in a nation to the same cause and desire:
To cheer the US onto gold in every event that we have athletes entered in.
While that is all well and good, it honestly isn't my most favorite part of it.
I love that it has the possibility to inspire people of all ages.
I truly believe that there is nothing more inspiring than the Olympics which is why I try to spend as much time as I can watching as many events as I can, even the weird ones like white water canoeing and rowing....
seriously tho...those two sports only become popular every four years thanks to the Olympics.
The purpose of this post {other than to bore you all with telling you about my love of the Olympics that just about everyone else in the world shares} is to share something I thought was really cool.
As I was sitting like a useless waste of space watching whatever Olympics were on I found myself watching Men's Basketball, and while normally I dislike basketball, it's the Olympics so I thought "meh why not just have it on?"
I looked up at a point where one of the Nigerian players (poor guys....we destroyed them) was shooting a foul shot and the camera angle was one from the back-board so we as a viewing audience saw the rim of the hoop.
On the inside of the hoop were the words "Inspire a Generation"
Now I don't know if that is an Olympic thing or if it is a slogan for the company that made the hoop, either way I thought it was cool and definitely appropriate.
Because in the end....isn't that what the Olympics do?
Inspire a generation?

Much love
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment