Friday, August 31, 2012

My true and first love is finally back!

All is right with my world.
Football is back in full swing and I honestly could not be happier.
There is just something special about the atmosphere in a football stadium that you can't feel anywhere else.
It is so worth losing my voice and screaming my throat raw.
And it wasn't a bad first game either.
I mean I guess 41-0 is a fantastic score. Haha who am I kidding?? No need to be coy about that one.
Everyone loves it when their team creates a shut out.
To be honest I was a little worried for this season for the Utes because we had so many seniors graduate last year. However that worry was in vain because those boys in red looked FANTASTIC last night.
Our defense especially showed up to prove that all the pre-season hype about them was well deserved.
I am so excited for the rest of the season, to watch this particular team mature together and to watch them shut down team after team after team.
I haven't been to a football game where I had screamed so loud and gotten so excited about in awhile. It may be because it was the first game of the season and it may be because I missed football terribly, but I think it's because those Utes did SO well.
The beginning of the game was a little rocky but that was to be expected. The important part was that we came out on top and managed to keep our opponents from scoring even a field goal. And that always feels good.
Best part of college football is by far the student sections, and being a member of the MUSS is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
I absolutely love it and I look forward to being able to go to the games as a part of it. And while we aren't one of the biggest student sections in the nation we are one of the best for the noise we make and the way we cheer our boys on to victory.
And as always with football season I'm gonna share some of my favorite pictures that I took from last night with you.

MUSS cuties. Love them!

The boys of Utah football, gotta love 'em

Fantastic win last night
41-0 baby!!!

Truly, there is nothing in my world that is better than football underneath the stadium lights.

Why is the MUSS one of the best in the nation? Because we epic traditions like the 3rd down jump. 

And one more of us cute kids in the MUSS.

Can't wait for the next game!!
Love always and GO UTES!!!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment