Monday, May 2, 2011

Bulletproof Mascara

     Wow! It has felt like it has been so long since the last time I blogged!! I wish that I could say it's because of my crazy, busy, awesome life but alas it is not....really it's because I am a lazy butt and have just lounged around my house all day long doing absolutely nothing. That's the beauty of summer though isn't it? Not having to worry about homework, tests or deadlines? And I have been enjoying every single second of my couch potato lifestyle that I seem to have adopted of late.
     I have become a total summer bum though. All I do all day long is lay around watching lame t.v. shows and reading. I have read four novels in the past two weeks...yep that's right four. None of them can be considered truly academic reading though; they all seem to fall into the "chick lit" category. But I'm ok with that...like I've said before: it is summer after all.
     I really enjoyed Bulletproof Mascara by Bethany Manes. It's basically James Bond/Mission Impossible meets Elle Woods. It's a total guilty pleasure and well worth the guilt!
 Read it. Enjoy it. Fall in love with it.
It'll make you want to become a secret agent with a better sense of style. At least it made me want to.
 I also really enjoyed this book. The Help by Kathryn Stockett was incredible. It is set in 1960's Jackson Mississippi and is told in the voices of three different narrators. Two black maids and one white woman, all three are determined to help change the racist atmosphere of their hometown. I couldn't put it down, at least I couldn't once I got into it. The beginnings of it were a little dull but once it got rolling it really got rolling. I totally recommend it.

     Until next time....loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment