Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I'm Only Getting Started, I Won't BLACKOUT!

Alright...so I know that it is Halloween...but I am a little slow on the blog updating and I really wanted to post about my absolute favorite game of the entire football season...college level at least...because let's face it...absolutely nothing can beat a Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers showdown haha.
The Blackout game is my absolute favorite game of the entire season bar none! 
This year we played Cal, and we walked all over them. It was the greatest thing ever.
I don't know if I could adequately put into words how much I love the blackout game...and I'm not even sure I fully understand why I love it so much myself, I just look forward to it ever year, it's the NCAA football version of Christmas for me I guess haha.
I just think seeing the whole stadium in black instead of red is a really impressive sight. 
And the boys always look really, really good in their black uniforms...but that is besides the point.
This game was an incredible one to be at, our boys in red (well black for this game haha) looked very good.
As much as I love close, nail-biters; I really love a blow out too. It is always sooo much fun when your team just blows their opponent out of the water.
This isn't to say that Cal didn't put up a fight, because they did, they gave us a very fun game.
Our boys just wanted it so much more, they needed this win more than anything else.
It was so fun to watch them win, there are few things in this world that convey greater joy than a football player pulling off a big win with his team. You couldn't help but smile when they all came over to sing "Utah Man" to the MUSS.
Not only did our team as a whole perform well but individual players had a fantastic game as well.
Our cute freshman quarterback totally leveled a Cal Golden Bear.
Blechen was making the plays that we all know and love him for, it's so nice to have him back in the safety position; it was definitely a rough time without him.
Of course there's Star...he's just such a B.A. haha end of story.
And to top it all off our kick returner Reggie Dunn quickly became the hero of the MUSS when he returned 100 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter AND in the fourth...a feat, which by the way, has never before been accomplished in the NCAA (way to go Reggie!).
You know you must be pretty B.A. when the MUSS will chant your name every time you take the field!
I love the Blackout game and I really can't wait for next years haha (yes I am already counting down....no judgment)
And of course it wouldn't be a post about football on my blog without a bunch of pictures you only half care about looking at haha.

Sooo proud of them! 49-27!! What a win!

We love the Blackout game!!

Reggie Freaking Dunn!!! Century Man indeed!!

Cute Utes in the MUSS

Traditional game pic

#normal

Sometimes our MUSS neighbors are gross....

We are pretty much a big deal

Best friends since freshman year of high school! Absolutely love this girl!

I loooooove when they wear black! <3

And I have to leave you with this amazing clip! Like seriously since when is a quarterback this B.A.?!?!?!
I'm definitely a Wilson fan after watching this! Total BEAST!

Much love
And GO UTES
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment