Friday, March 30, 2012

Things I have learned in college so far....

So I am almost done with my second year at the U and I was thinking about all the stuff I have learned...
and really some of it I didn't learn in class....
Well...let's be real, most of it I didn't learn in class.
And because I really like bullet point lists....I'm gonna throw some knowledge down in a bullet list.
Don't get too excited 
and this is probably only part one...there is a lot more that I have learned that I have yet to throw down into words.
I'm basically awesome.

Gems I have learned in my two years as a Ute (Part I)

·      Most days it is a beautiful day to skip class
   When you’re studying tonight, remember how much fun you could be having at a nearby frat house
·         Only going to class to see the hot guy that sits in front of you, even if you don’t say anything to him
·         Girls get your running shoes laced up. Cleat chasing season is right around the corner.
·         Remember: get an education because “swag” isn’t going to pay your bills in 10 years
·         If the cops want to catch drunk drivers they should chill in the Taco Bell’s drive thru anytime after midnight.
·         It’s not always the grades you make, but the hands you shake
·         A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library
·         If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail
·         In college you can party, study or sleep, but there is only time in a day for two of them
·         When reviewing your notes before an exam, the most important will be illegible
·         If you are given an open-book exam, you will forget your book
·         80% of the final exam will be based on the one lecture you missed and the one book you didn’t read
·         Every professor assumes that you have nothing else to do except study for their course
·         Copy from one it’s plagiarism. Copy from many, it’s research
·         We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public
·         Your mind plans to log into your online school account; your fingers log into Twitter and Facebook
·         Girls: tripped in my heels last night 7 times. Can’t find my phone. Hooked up, hope he was an athlete
·         Screw this, I’m leaving class 30 minutes early to go eat
·         Not knowing your plans for the weekend until ten minutes before
·         ATM = Another Twenty Missing
·         Finding out the class notes are all online = “see you losers at finals”
·         No shave November leads to can’t get laid December
·         Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions
·         If there’s not a ring on your finger, you’re single
·         There’s a special place in hell for people that take up two parking spots during finals week
·         If you blow up a girl’s phone, Facebook or Twitter and she doesn’t reply, get the hint bro
·         There is a special place in hell for people who get ready for an 8 am class
·         If you’re not young and wild, you will never be old and wise
·         90% of the stuff you worry about isn’t going to happen. Except for that Calculus final, that’s definitely going to happen
·         “He has a girlfriend” Challenge accepted
·         Due tomorrow = Do Tomorrow
·         Wait…there’s a school part of college??
·         I’ve never been to hell but I imagine it is very similar to an 8am class
·         Tim to begin cultivating a fake friendship with the nerd sitting next to me if I have any hope of passing this class
·         To go to class, or not to go to class: that is the question
·         C’s get degrees
·         If someone deleted google I would fail all of my classes
·         It’s ok to make mistakes, just don’t date them
·         Dear Thin Mints and the little whore that sold them to me: screw you for ruining my spring break body
·         That awkward moment when the kid next to you is bragging how he got a 97 on his exam and doesn’t know it was out of 200
·         That awesome moment when your used books already have all the important parts highlighted
·         So studying makes the tests easier? Good to know
·         “Hey did you study for the test?” “We have a test?”
·         Changing the date on your papers so it doesn’t look like you did it last minute
·         “this is not a paper you can write overnight class.” Don’t underestimate me
·         “Sleep now study later” quickly turns into “screw it, I’ll just fail”

Much love,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment