Sunday, July 31, 2011

And the World Spins Madly On...

     Ever have one of those weeks, you know where every itty bitty insignificant thing totally and completely stresses you out? Those weeks where you just want to curl up into a ball in a corner somewhere and not come out for a reeeeeeeally long time? Those weeks where everything frustrates you for no reason at all? Yeah those weeks suck so badly. And I am truly sorry for any of you that have had a week like the one I just had.
     It's not that it was a hard week or anything, it was just one of those weeks where your mental state just isn't prepared to do anything harder than sleep. So when something harder than that activity comes up, as they inevitably will, that's how life is after all,those things make you feel uber stressed and just icky.
     There's just been so much drama lately and while I was watching it play out in front of me the song World Spins Madly On by the Weepies kept playing over and over again in my head. Because no matter how dramatic life gets the world keeps spinning, life keeps moving on and there's no stopping it. I just think everyone needs to take a step back and take a deep breath. Especially me. I just need to breathe and let myself be.
Thankfully I have wonderful coworkers, many of which I am proud to call my friends and wonderful friends that I don't have the pleasure of working with that are very understanding of me when the stress is just too much for me to handle and I snap at them for no reason. They are the reason that I am able to get through weeks like the one that I just had. Their understanding and caring and their willingness to lend a listening ear when I needed to whine and complain about my life {that isn't really awful at all} I love them and am so grateful to them. Thanks you guys!! You do more good than you know and I love you for it!
     We have this one chance at mortality...this one jaunt on Earth to prove ourselves...let's make the best of it. 
...And the world spins madly on... 
Woke up and wished that I was dead


With an aching in my head 
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
and let the world spin madly on

Everything that I said I'd do 
Like make the world brand new
And take the time for you
I just got lost and slept right through the dawn 
And the world spins madly on

I let the day go by 
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill 
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still

Woke up and wished that I was dead 
With an aching in my head 
I lay motionless in bed
The night is here and the day is gone
And the world spins madly on

I thought of you and where you'd gone 
And the world spins madly on.
Sometimes we want to freeze a moment...but, just like scenes on the highway, it rushes by as the world spins madly on

No comments:

Post a Comment