Friday, March 11, 2011

Burns, Banana Bread and Birthdays

It's finally warm enough for a sunburn!!
Which I got my first sunburn yesterday....and I loved it...still love it...
I know I'm weird....but it's exciting...because that means that maybe, just maybe winter is ending and summer will soon be here.
Seriously though it felt awesome to just sit in the sun and fall asleep. I totally recommend it, get your iPod, play a summer-ey playlist and just doze for at least 15 minutes...it'll change your life...really though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note I decided to try and make banana bread...for the first time...all by myself.
It's a recipe that is over 100 years old..yeah I was a little nervous to screw up...
Luckily though it turned out delicious (with the slight modification of chocolate chips instead of nuts) and I am pretty proud of myself that it turned out so well...I really was nervous...didn't help that my mom was making fun of me, calling me a 1950's housewife for being so domestic..but I don't see her complaining now that she gets to eat the finished product :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Officially my birthday is in 12 DAYS!!! I am 19 years old in 12 DAYS!!!! So excited!
MARCH 23
 mark it on your calendars it's a seriously important day...really....like I heard President Obama may make it into a national holiday or something...but as far as I am concerned it's been a national holiday for 18 almost 19 years now...I'm kidding of course.....well about the Obama part ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My thoughts and prayers go out to those in Japan and all affected by this earthquake/tsunami.

No comments:

Post a Comment