Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's

AUDREY HEPBURN


 I feel as if I need to dedicate an entire post to Breakfast at Tiffany's...it is, after all, my most favorite movie in the entire universe.
I've loved this movie ever since I saw it many moons ago (really though I don't remember when I first saw it). I immediately fell in love with Holly Golightly and her crazy life. I not so secretly want to be her (and/or Audrey Hepburn).

Also I totally fell in love with Paul Varjak (V-A-R-J-A-K....those of you who have seen the movie will know why that was funny, for the rest of you I guess you should watch it). There was just something about the "sponsored" writer that I was drawn to.

(Isn't he handsome??)
Holly Golightly and Paul Varjak are at the very top of my favorite movie couples list. I cheer for them everytime I watch the movie. My heart breaks for him when he feels that she's slipping away from him and I get frustrated with her for not realizing how awesome he is and I get frustrated with him for seemingly letting her go so easily. Basically I love this movie couple.

So really all you blogstalkers out there (all three of you) should go and watch this movie....it's the greatest movie ever...in my humble opinion.
It for sure has one of my most favorite endings for a movie ever....yep I don't feel like spoiling it for those unfortunate souls who have not seen it yet, but be aware that the ending will cause you to walk away with a warm fuzzy feeling inside haha. It is not an ending for haters of love out there that is for sure.


Wish I was her....

Love this scene {and no what you think is happening in this scene is not happening...get your minds out of the gutter ;) }

  Paul: You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. [takes out the ring and throws it in Holly's lap] Here. I've been carrying this thing around for months. I don't want it anymore.
 {sometimes a girl just needs a guy to talk toughly and truthfully to them for them to realize that they are madly in love with them....hey it works for Holly and Paul...}

Favorite scene and favorite quote...all in one!
   Paul Varjak: Holly, I'm in love with you.
Holly Golightly: So what?
Paul: So what? So plenty! I love you. You belong to me.
Holly: No. People don't belong to people.
Paul: Of course they do.
Holly: I'm not going to let anyone put me in a cage.
Paul: I don't want to put you in a cage. I want to love you.

Can you see why I am absolutely, positively in love with this movie?? It's true that I have not yet had a day bad enough that watching Breakfast at Tiffany's hasn't made it all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment