Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Change in Me

I’ve been doing a lot of reflection on my first semester as a Ute and realizing just how much one semester has really helped me grow as a person. The last six months have forced me to experience things outside of my comfort zone for the very first time. They have forced me to talk to people I would not have when I was in high school; they have forced me to realize that not every friend will be in my life forever and some bridges were formed just to be burned later on. I was so ready for this semester to start. New semesters bring new professors, new people and most importantly new adventures. And so far this semester has not disappointed in the new department. I love my classes and love the time I spend on campus. I’m so excited to continue my education up at the U.
                I do find myself wishing sometimes that I was having the same kind of college experience that my friends who went away to school seem to be having but at the same time I wouldn’t change the adventures I have had or the people I have met for anything. I love all those directly involved in my life and wouldn’t ever give them up. I am so blessed to have the friends that I do, both those that are near and those that went away to school. I also find myself thanking my lucky stars to work where I do. I may complain about it (who doesn’t complain at least a little bit about their job?) but I am truly grateful to be a part of that environment. I love my coworkers and all their quirky personalities. People with good hearts and good souls can be found there.

No comments:

Post a Comment