Monday, January 16, 2012

Excited

Oh my heavens....it's already 2012!!!!!
Seriously where did 2011 go????
This year is going to be so great though. It started out fun enough after all. 
My UTES WON and became the champions of the SunBowl.
Fantastic way to finish out our first year in the PAC! 
Proud of my boys in red!!!
GO UTES!!!!

I went to a rockin' New Year's Eve party with my bestest best friend 
and then New Year's Day my 
RAVENS WON!

I'm a very proud Ravens fan right now. AFC North Champions!!! GO RAVENS!
Also they are continuing on to the Divisional Playoff game against the Patriots!
Proud of those boys in purple!
I am so excited for this new year though!
The new year brings with it new opportunities, new adventures and even more important a new, clean slate. I am so ready to make this year the best year of my life so far. I've already started that by buying myself a car! As I was driving it home from the dealership I kept thinking over and over again "Holy crap I'm an adult now!" funny how that hit me just now. I mean I have finished almost two full years of school at the U but it took buying a car of my very own for the whole adult thing to hit me.
I love my new car though and I really think that it is one of the very best decisions I have ever made. He's a cute 2010 Hyundai Accent GLS (and yes I did say he. I drive a boy car haha)
Name: Boo-RayLew {and yes there is a detailed story behind his name. Ask me about it sometime and I will tell you ;) }
Proud Parent: ME
I am so stoked about this car!!!!!!

I am so super excited for 2012! I feel like it is going to be a fantastic year!
Since I don't make New Year's Resolutions (why make a promise to yourself that has more than a 60% chance failure rate?) I instead pick a few of quotes that I try incorporate into my daily life. 
Here's a sample of them for you:

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." -Audrey Hepburn

"Know your limitations, and then defy them."

"Being normal is not necessarily a virtue, it rather denotes a lack of courage."

"If everything seems to be under control, you are simply not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti

"A person who is nice to you but is not nice to the waiter is not a nice person"

"I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I'll be damned if I am not trying my hardest."

And finally the one that I really need to remember in my life: "Sometimes not being in control is the most beautiful thing in the world"

Happy 2012 my friends! I know I am a couple of weeks late but hey better late than never right?


No comments:

Post a Comment